cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create AUC directly from WBS Elements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys..

Can you all tell me How to Create AUC directly from WBS elements without using IM ?

What are the config settings to be made and where

for example in Settlement rule ,Project profile etc?

Please share your experience

Awaiting your experience on the same..

ssk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lots !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundu,

You can create AUC directly from the WBS element but the only thing is that you need to configure or used standard AUC (T- Code OITA) in your project profile (OPSA) and once you do this you go to the project builder and select the WBS element then follow the path as follows to create the AUC

From menu select Edit >WBS element>investment Program-->Asset under construction this will help you to create AUC on the wbs element without IM

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shivkumar Iyer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configure your Investment Profile in Tcode - OITA (mention your AUC class in the "Inv. measure asset Class" field and then assign this Investment profile in Project Profile Tcode - OPSA in Controlling Tab.

Create a WBS using this Project Profile and you can create an AUC automatically on releasing the WBS. To see the AUC follow the path Edit - WBS Element - Investment Program - Asset Under Construction in CJ20N.

Hope it helps.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shourya,

To settle the AuC costs to the final asset master record:

- When the exectution for the WBS is complete or near completion and you're ready to begin depreciation the final asset

- Create the fixed asset master record

- Enter that asset master record number on the settlement rule of the WBS element

- Once the WBS has a status of TECO the costs will settle from the AuC to the final asset

- If a few more costs (or credits) flow through the WBS during the next period (a late GR or a return) the costs will flow through the AuC to the final asset. This will continue until the WBS is closed.

One other note. As I understand it, the purpose of the AuC is to collect all the cost that will belong to a specific asset during the construction of the asset. The AuC asset class will not depreciate. This allows the costs to be collected and posted to the GL, recognized as capital expenditures then capitalized at the appropriate time for the asset class. I don't think you can get around at least some config in IM. The type of AuC to be created and the investment profile at least need to be set up to automatically create the AuC. The only other way around it would be manual AuC creation and settlement rule population.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys, really done good work,

as per as my knowledge, for auc need not go for im, in sap fi asset accounting is there. normally auc is just like a project. after completation of the project only u have to settle the auc to fixed asset. for this u need to contact some fi/co guys.

thanqu

prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris Thannks for your answer..

FXA is fixed asset and here the scenario is that We create AUC from WBS and then settle the AUC to the fixed Asset..

Even i did the configurations as you said but what i find is there is some problem in setteiling this AUC.

because when i run settlement of this AUC there is no posting..It is not picking up any assets automatically for settlement.althogh it has created an asset.

The reason i dont want to use IM is that because the settling becomes complex..

ur inputs we very helpful..but please tell me the settings so that this AUC can be settled to fixed Assets..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard SAP, AUC is distinguished by a seperate class of asset(i.e. FXA). So, in settlement rule for the WBS u have select FXA and provide the AUC number.

Regarding the settlement of AUC to Asset, in general in any organization its one time activity at the time of clousure of the project the project costs are settled to AUC and finally only once it will get settled to the final fixed asset.

The standard business scenario is such that no one knows exactly for investment projects how to create/capitalize in the beginig, thats y we create a Asset under construction(AUC) and periodically costs are settled to this from the cost object(i.e. WBS/order). At the project completion clarity will be there then the final asset (different asset class)is created and the AUC costs are settled to this.

hope this clarify

Regards

Murali

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shourya ,

I am nt sure if it possible to create a AUC without IM .

But with IM : Check Transaction OITA , and select the checkbox Manage AUC for the corresponding Investment Profile

"Investment measure with asset under construction

Use

When you set this indicator, the system automatically creates an asset under construction (AuC) for each assigned object (order or WBS element).

At periodic intervals, the system can automatically transfer all the debits on this object to the asset under construction. You can use all the functions of asset valuation on the asset under construction (such as calculation of special depreciation and investment support)."

Btw : if you do not want IM , then you can configure your Settlement profile to settle the WBS to a FXA fixed asset . Any other angle why you are looking at an AUC and without IM .

Kish