cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Manager - Freezes at loading Local Searches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While the loading the MDM data manager (DM) the application freezes for ~5 min while stating "Loading Local Searches", before the DM is finíshed loading.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, or at least where the local searches are stored on the drive?

Kind Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all answers. I'll see if any of it works and update you.

One thing that I must add is that this problem is only affecting me, and not anyone else starting MDM data manager.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

As you said, One thing that I must add is that this problem is only affecting me, and not anyone else starting MDM data manager.

I think, it is only because of saving local search in your Data Manager and there are so many records in your saved local search. Local searches are specific to System (machine) only.

Just delete your local searches from the data manager in your system.

I hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am just guessing here, but you might have to many fields with attribute Sort Index set to Normal. If you have lots of records, this may take some time to process.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

While the loading the MDM data manager (DM) the application freezes for ~5 min while stating "Loading Local Searches", before the DM is finíshed loading.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, or at least where the local searches are stored on the drive?

As per my knowledge, there may be some reasons for this problem.

1. There might be a version mismatch between the MDM server and the MDM Data Manager Gui. You can check the verison only when the Data Manager opens.

However, you can check it for other GUi's and compare it with the MDM server version. ( Even the build version should match).

2. There might be huge number of records saved in your repository.

3) You might have changed the repository strutcure which has not been updated throughout.

There might be some other problem also.

Possible solutions:

1. Unload the repository and Load it again with UPDATE INDICES. This might solve the problem at the root itself.

2)I would suggest you to check your GUI version and upgrade it if its not matching with the MDM server version.

3)If still not working, you can try-unistalling the DM client and re-installing it again.

Please note these 2 steps before performing the step 2 and step3.

• Check the repository for errors and if any, then verify it

• Do take a back of the repository from the Console- Use Archive repository.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain