cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution function in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are using Fiscal Year Period 4-4-5, which makes the 1st month and 2 nd month as 4 weeks and 3rd month will have 5 weeks.

I need to create a distribuiton function, where i manually enter the the data in planning book/yearly view. assume for 2009.

then the data has to stored by default in the format of 4-4-5 FY periods.

1, i found that in SPRO we have an option for creating Distribution function, but how to give my periods in distributin function values??

2. after creating the fuction, in interactive demand planning, what is the distribution fuction we need to select at CALC icon( Distribute)

Pls take time to guide me few steps to this, and pls fwd if you have any documents.

Regards

Arun R Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You need to look at disaggregation and not distribution in this case. Distribution function is to spread the data in the same book. it cannot get data entered in other book. For example, If you want to enter 10 in first column (time period) and the want it to be incremented by 10 every column, then you use the distribution. But if you want to enter data in other book and manage the way it is distributed in this book, it is not possible.

In that case, it is the time stream id that you need to use.

Create a time stream id in /SAPAPO/CALENDAR with periods 4-4-5 and assign it in your Storage bucket profile.

Your storage bucket profile should have both the periodicities of year and month. Specify the time stream id at the bottom where it says time stream id.

This guides how to disaggregate data from Year to Month. When you enter the data in yearly book, the system saves it in both years and months in planning area.

When it gets to disaggregation, as you specified a time stream with 4-4-5, it distributes the data in the ratio of 4:4:5 in the books.

Answers (0)