cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabStrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a tabstrip in my application.

I want to populate the fields of tab2 based on the user input in tab1. I am using different views for each tab using the ViewContainerUIElement.

In WD is there any event i can use when a user selects a tab ?

or is there any event similar to PAI of ABAP ?

If not what is the best approach to achieve this ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VV,

In TabStrip there is an even called onSelect(). You can use this event and for whenever user navigating one tab to another tab. You can get the what tab has been selected at present by selecting the SelectedTab option in the properties. It is very easy.

points if useful

Thanks

Suresh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just using data binding? If you bind the UI elements from both views to the same context (the component controller context or a custom controller context), then the values edited in view1 will automatically be updated in view2.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

For TabStrip,there is an Onselect Event.

Take an attribute of type String in the Context,for selectedTab property of TabStrip assign this attribute.

In onSelectEvent action of TabStrip you write the following code.

seltab-->Attribute(String)

Tab,Tab1-->tabs in TabStrip

if(wdContext.currentContextElement().getSeltab()=="Tab")

{

//write your desired functionality

}

if(wdContext.currentContextElement().getSeltab()=="Tab1")

{

//write your desired functionality

}

Regards

sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the selected tab value by getting the property of Tab selectedTab. Bind it to the context attribute and get the selected tab. When the user selects the Tab there is an action onSelect. You can fulfill the requirement with these.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a attribute called u201ConSelectu201D for the tabstrip.You can create a action selectTab and bind it to the onSelelect attribute of the TabStrip.