cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager license key generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one solution manager server with AS ABAP and AS JAVA.But the license is expired for the J2ee engine.

I want to generate the license key for that, but the issue is the solution manager installation is not registered in the service market place, so how i will generate the license key?

In the process of license generation, I need to select the system for which i want to generate a permanet license.But the system is not available at the service market place.

To generate the license key the installation and the SYSTEMSID should be available at the service market place which is ususally done by a solution manager but how to do all these for a solution manager.

Manisha Das

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get a license key for your Solution Manager system just go to:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/licensekey

Select the appropriate installation number and create a new system (your solman SID). After that you are able to request a valid license for your installation.

A separate J2EE license is not necessary for a Java AddIn/Double Stack Installation.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As I explained the issue is, the installation is not registred in the service market place. And the installation type is INITIAL.

And to apply the license I need the installation number at serviece market place.

For this case how to resolve the license problem?

Manisha

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have the installation DVD media you should also have an installation number.

If that is not the case you need to create an OSS call under XX-SER-GEN-CONTR and ask for an installation number.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha.

Well... then you either work with the wrong S-User which does not fit to the customer number your product is licensed to or the license is (wrongly) not provided by SAP.

You can't maintain installation numbers. You get those when buying a product/license from SAP.

Since you need a system in Service Market Place to raise a customer service note the only reasonable way is to have a phone call with SAP I guess.

/cheers