cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Previous Application Version by JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got a practical scenario question that when I use JDI to deploy my program changes to production, however I found that there are some errors or inconsistencies or anything else so that I want to restore the application to previous state immediately, is there any features in JDI that can support this action easily?

Thanks,

Kelvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

In the DTR perspective you have the option to list the version history of a particular resource. Here you can sync to a previous version.

Just refer to the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ff/6f18646474054aa2e9c5df3b4e0a78/content.htm

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I understand this, but this requires a developer to check out correct source files, and do the transportation again from dev->con->testing->prod which is not a single step. In some mission critical production system, once problem is found after new application deployment, users usually wanted to restore the application immediately, and the most direct way is to find previous archive and then redeploy. According to my understanding to DTR, it only stores source files, but not an application archive. So I want to seek advice on how to redeploy previous archive. Or I have to backup the application archive before deployment?

Thanks & Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Assembly step creates patch levels for the SC's you are developing in a track. You can reimport an older patch level in the Test and Production systems using the History button of these stages in the Transport Studio. Just select the level you want to restore (you might need to change the Time Frame at the top of the view) and click the Add to Queue button (in the topright corner). Then switch back to the import queue (click Back to Import Queue), select the import and click the Import button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Willemsen,

I have followed your suggestion, I open CMS and go into production tab and press "History" button, I tried to add a previous patch level into the queue, however an error message prompted "Reason: The version(s) you want to add to the queue are lower than the system state version(s) and have already been imported".

Is it JDI not allowed to import lower patch level version or I done anything wrong?

Thanks & Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kelvin,

Perhaps you need to perform a Restore System State first. Give that a try.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

THanks for your patience. Tried, but "Restore System State" is just to retore the current system state when you changed the runtime system in track configuration, the archive version still the same, not the previous one. Any more suggestioin that I can try?

Many Thanks !

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, no more suggestions at this moment... Maybe someone else can shine some light on this then...

0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

There is a manual way. But i am really not sure whether it is safe. What you can do is:

1. Get the date and time of the sca file from assemble history in Transport Studio.

2. Go to the JTrans directory which you had given in domain configuration.

3. Under the Jtrans directory go to CMS/archives and get the sca file from there based on the date and time you had from step no 1.

4. Deploy this SCA file using SDM. While deploying you may have to select the appropriate radio button which appears at the bottom of SDM GUI screen. This is because you want the older version to be deployed when an newer version already exists.

I dont know whether this will work. But since you want to restore to previous version at the earliest possible i think this may help you.

I still feel that correcting the error and transporting the activity thereby cerating the new SC version will be the correct way.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sidharth, I think this may be the best solution in view of current NWDI features.

Kelvin