cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping fields in Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Bussiness partner repository.

When i am trying to syndicate a xml file , in the mapping Pane.source fields i am getting like same as bussiness partners but in the destinaion side i am not getting the fields same as bussiness partners structure.

what i missed or what i have to do while selecting xml schema file?

Thanks in advance,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

you might have missed out the XSD for the Bussiness partner repository.

specify the path of the XSD file in the repository>admin->xml schemas.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am using Bussiness partner repository.

When i am trying to syndicate a xml file , in the mapping Pane.source fields i am getting like same as bussiness partners but in the destinaion side i am not getting the fields same as bussiness partners structure.

what i missed or what i have to do while selecting xml schema file?

In the source side, you will find the Repository structure. Hence you are able to find the field present in the Source side.

But for destination side, you will require an XSD. You can either use the corresponding XSD ( if any) wrt to Business partner or else, you can even generate an XSD of the repository struture using Xomlite.

Here you want to export the XMl file to MDM system only, hence you can use this methid..

Please go through the link below to get info on how to generate the XSD:

How to Generate XSD Schemas from Existing Master Data Management 5.5 SP4 and SP5 Repositories (NW2004):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7...

After using this software, you will get an XSD which you can upload in the Console under XML schema table. Also then you can go to Destination properties in the Syndicator and choose XML schema.

You will find the repository structure on the destination side which you can map accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Aug 11, 2008 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we syndicate Records to R/3 system thats why For Destination Side its structure is different mean not same as of MDM repository structure.

For Example, you can maintain a field Named Material Number in your MDM Repository Main table but the same field can be stored as Matnr in Mara table under R/3 System so its Destination structure basically refers to R/3 Structure which basically in the Form IDOCs( Segments and Fields).

Hope it will Help you,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for reply.

I am not syndicating xml file to R/3 or extenal system

I need to syndicate it to MDM system only.

For example:

i am selecting xm schema, when i go to item mapping, there is no auto map.

And also in source items i am seeking my Bussiness partners repository fields but in destination items i am not seeing the same structure.

what should i do get the same structure getting in source items.

thanks in advance,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In syndicator source is our repository by default and on target side either you have to manually create a structure or import an XSD as per your target System which can be any legacy or R3.

Once you do mapping between the source and target fields and save the map, then you will be able to see the map.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In the MDM syndicator the default structure that appears on the source side is the MDM repository structure.

The destination side structure has two options:

- Either create fields manually using the destination item tab,but this will allow you to syndicate only in the >txt or .CSV format.

- The second option is to use a Uploaded XML schema if you wish to syndicate in the xml form it self.

For the second option :

You need to first of all genearte the Schema as per the incoming source XML.

for eg: If You are importing standard Material master records from ECC theer will come in the standard Matmas05 structure .

You need to genearte an XML schema of type Matmas05and upload it in MDm console.

Then In the syndicator before performing teh mapping.select

File->New->Xml Schema->and the selec the schema you have uploaded in MDM console.

This process will automatically generate the Same structure as in source side and then you can perform the relevant mapping.

In the MDM syndicator theer is no option for auto mapping.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NItin/Alok/all,

Thanks for ur useful replay.

Where can i get the Xomlite software.

can you people can guide me in this?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Follow the below link to download the Xomlite software

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The link you have sent is already i got it from the same forum-topic.

please tell me how to download the "xomlite" software, from where?

thanks,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Where can i get the Xomlite software.

can you people can guide me in this?

Following is the path where you could get the PDF's and zip file.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides?rid=/webcontent/uuid/5024a59a-4276-2910-7580-f52eb789194...

please check out the following Heading, and at the bottom corner you will find the download option where you will get the zip file:

How to Generate XSD Schemas from Existing MDM 5.5 Repositories

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

download from this link.

Just open the link and save, then follow all the guidelines according to PDF.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b05558c4-5517-2a10-67bc-f0d4a13c...

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am not seeing any link with this PDF you all provided.

Please let me know how to download it.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open the link which i have provided in my last post, A dialog box with Open and Save buttons will come. Save 'HowtogenerateXSD' on your local disk and then each and every step is given in that PDF which i have given you first time.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides?rid=/webcontent/uuid/5024a59a-4276-2910-7580-f52eb789194...

please check out the following Heading, and at the bottom corner you will find the download option where you will get the zip file:

How to Generate XSD Schemas from Existing MDM 5.5 Repositories

The above menitoned link will guide you to 1st pdf.You can go to the end of the 1st paragraph and then you will find the Option of DOwnload..

Or else, Go to the link directly to get the Zip file:

Following is the path where you could get the PDF's and zip file.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b05558c4-5517-2a10-67bc-f0d4a13c...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/Alok/All,

I have downloaded the File.

Thanks for your reply.

i rewarded for you guys.

thanks once again.

Regards,

Vijay