cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material description is greyed after entering Material number in SD-order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when entering a Material number in sales order the material description is always greyed and initialized with default value from the material master data.

We want to create a material where the description can be overwritten in the sales order position.

How can I make it possible that the description field vbap-arktx is not greyed after entering material number?

Is it only possible via MV45AFZZ or T-Code SHD0 or can I customize it anyhow?

Thanks for your comment,

Regards

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that in the userexit MV45AFZZ the field was greyed on purpose,

IF SCREEN-NAME(10) EQ 'VBAP-ARKTX'.

MOVE 0 TO SCREEN-INPUT.

ENDIF.

I don't know the background but as it was not SAP standard I thought this could be customized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks therefore,

but in this case I'm only able to maintain it depending on the Customer, what is if I want to give the user the possibility to overwrite the description order by order for the same customer?

Our situation at the moment is that we book directly manual debit invoices in FI and we don't use the interface from SD to FI (only invoices between different locations belonging to one enterprise).

Now we want to create one material per account of proceeds and invoice the created order direcly.

For the printout of the order confirmation it would be usefull to be able overwrite the material description.

If I use the F1-Help for the field I get following information:

Procedure

The system proposes the short text from the material master record. If you have included a short text in a customer-material info record, it replaces the material master text during sales document processing. You can change the text at the item level in the sales document or during delivery processing.

I'm interessted in the last sentence, it seems to be possible but I don't know how.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

Use transaction VD51(Customer Material Info Records) to give a customer specific description...no need of any developments or user-exits.

Rgds,

Rags.