cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pass values from Portal Iview to WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a list of check boxes in portal iView. (This iView is Resultset iview of MDM.)

I am showing this iView in WebDynpro as a pop up.

How do I pass the value selected in check box in the Portal- iView to the UI Element (say input box) in WebDynpro.

Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

In the ResultSet iview there is one feature custom events. Create an EPCF type event their and pass the Value through that event.

Now you can create one Webdynpro application which subscribes to this Portal Event by using method wdportalEventing.subscribe(); this shall give you the value of the field for the checkbox selected which can be passed furthur to another web dynpro appl through URL.

The called application can fetch the value as :-

WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("<Request Parameter>");

Hope this helps you!!

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the responses.

I did the EPCF Portal eventing with the help of the link :[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/12195312-0e01-0010-a392-debbd32e39d4]

I am getting a Null pointer exception.

In this document Application Parameter is not being used.

Can you help on this..

- Akshay.

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

If you are getting NullPointer Exception , just check once if the NameSpace and EventName are correctly written and the method CatchValue is getting called or not.

Secondly also check if the String DataObject that you have written is exactly same as in the PDF that you are refering to.

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell us where exactly you are getting NPE?

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

when i click on the eventname seen in the MDM resultset iview.

The NPE appears on the WebDynpro iView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just put a condition on your WD implementation for checking whether dataObject is null or not. I guess this value itself is null. Also make sure the parameter name is exactly same as "dataObject".

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was with the dataObject..

The problem is solved...

Thanks for the assistance..

Akshay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

To pass parameters from an iView to webdynpro you have to set the parameters in the attribute "Application Parameters" of the iView. If you are passing several values you have to separate them with an & symbol, for example you want to pass first and last name, in Applicaton Parameters you write: fname=MyFirstName&lname=MyLastName.

The fieldnames in this case fname and lname should not contain spaces or special characters. In the values you can type spaces with no problem.

Then, in your webdynpro app you need to catch those parameters, for that you should go to the onPlugDefault method of your interface view in your component. In that method you specify the parameters fname and lname in order to use them.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Hope it helps.

JV

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better if you go for portal eventing.

If you want to pass few parameters between iview and web dynpro applicatuion.

Thansk & Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

URL Params to your webdynpro.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

Thanks... Could u pls explain a bit more on how do i do that...

-Akshay....

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay Khakurdikar,

There is a property called URL Params in your IView through which you can pass the values to other applications or IViews.

Thanks

Suresh