cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Purchase Order Field Mandatory while creating Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client would like to make the Purchase Order Entry field mandatory for certian customers. However, when I am searching the fields in the Customer Master table I did not found any relavent fields.

Does any one is having idea how to fulfill the this requirement. Is there any user exits available?

Thanks,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One way achieving this is set incompletion log for that particular field

Select your sales doc type and go its details and there will be a small check box of incomplete details in the transacton flow tab and tick that check box

Now what happens is when you create order PO no it will ask to fillup if not filled the order cannot be saved

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8 select the document type and in General Control Data Tick Entar PO Number.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

In sales Doc type (VOV8)

There is field called Enter PO Number under General data section.

Go through the following explanation and use accordingly:

Use document number to enter external PO number

Procedure

Activate this field if the system should enter the document number in the PO number field if this field has not been maintained when the document is saved. In repairs processing, the external purchase order number functions as the RMA (Return material authorization) number, that is, the number for tracking the progress of the repairs

Take care.

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP for the reply,

What ever you have mentioned can be done with reference to the Document Type. But, in my case I required to do the same with reference to the Customer and not with reference to the Document Type.

Means, customer is going to flag the check box field "PO Required" during customer master creation. If the user selects this, whenever he creates the Sales Order with reference to this customer master, system should ask PO No to be entered.

Is there any enhancements avaialble for this?

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

You mean while creating customers?

Check, if its while creating Sales Orders?

Rgds,

Rags.