cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category not available in the table T184

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When the PP consultant is trying to Create Individual Items using MD81, it is giving the error " Item category not available in the table T184" But from the SD side, I have assigned the item category to the sales document type. also the field for item category ( PSTYV ) is present in the table T184. What can be the problem? is this any issue related to SD?

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the material master for the material for which you are trying to create the Independent Requirements. The Item Category group mentioned should be be wrong there, as by message i am understanding that system is not able to determine the Item Category for your concerned material.

Item category determination is done in T184 table with the combination Sales Document Type/Item Category group/Item Usage/Item Category of Higher level item/ Default Item Category.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek Sahni

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no problem in assigning, everything has been perfectly assigned. There is some problem in copy control. Data is not being copied in the table T184 properly.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik

For MD81, the order type should have been [01] for which please check in VOV4, whether you have maintained the item category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Check the foll t-codes:

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what to do in this Tcode?? what I have to assign here???

Former Member
0 Kudos

this t-code is for assigning delivery doc types to the Item Categories...this might a possible area of problem..