cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Text/Integer Field required in Flat Lookup table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a flat look up table.

In that i want to create 4 Flat lookup fields....... one of them will be a display field.

But when i Verify Repository with this structure then it gives me Fatal Error:

$$$ Fatal error(1323): Table 'Product Hierarchy'(A2i_24) does not have valid display field(s): 1:79;.

$$$ Invalid display fields are 79.

$$$ Table Product Hierarchy must have one or more display fields.

When i repair the repository......... it adds 1 Text Display field in my table.

Does is mandatory to have 1 text/integer field in lookup table?

If NO what i m doing wrong & if YES then Why?

Thanks,

Jyotika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its mandatory to have a display filed of type text in the tables.

thats why when you, did a changes to the repository it added a display field.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika,

Yes it is Obligatory to have atleast one field which is not a lookup as a Display field in your table.

When I say table it applies to all type of tables ie(Main and Lookups)

If you hvae ever noticed whenevr you create a new repository you will find that in your main table (product).

There is one field of type Text by default which is a display field and the systemw ill nota llow you to delete tahta field untill you createa similar one of type display.

So this is a basic system requirement of MDM.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is mandatory to create one display field,else it gives an error Enter atleast one display field .

When you create a new LookUp table it automatically creates a Text field (Display).

A Display Field for a table is a field whose value is used as: (1) the corresponding lookup field value for each record; (2) the node name for the record in hierarchy trees; and (3) the name of the record in the Product Relationships popup window.

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Aug 11, 2008 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not Sure but i think so there must be one field (Display field) of any type say (Integer, Text, Auto ID, Text Normalized etc) besides a field which lookup further to any Sub-table. Because Display Field is a field on the basis of which you enter your Records into that table ( Main Table, Sub-table). then if you are maintaining all lookup fields in your subtable then actually it does not include any Display Field ( as this display field basically point to further subtables ) thats why it creates one field of default type Text which is not look up to further any table.

Hope it will Help you,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini