cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PO to Supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are implementing Extended Classic Scenario in SRM 5.0 with backend ECC 6.0. We have an interesting requirement in our project to block the flow of PO document to the vendor(supplier) if desired. The vendor system is not yet disclosed as we are supposed to give presentation to our client whether this functionality can be achieved or not.

For this purpose, we were asked to add a checkbox in the Shopping Cart creation screen - No PO to Supplier and if this is checked then the PO document should not be sent to the Supplier on processing the PO from SAP SRM. We have enhanced the Shopping Cart screen for adding the checkbox using the Note 672960. For this a checkbox field CHKNOPO was added to INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_SC structures.

I am not sure how the flow of PO to supplier is triggered from SAP SRM and how can we control the same. Do we need to implement some BADI for this ??

Please help out all of you Gurus as this requirement really is critical for our project and I feel this would be a great learning curve for us.

Regards,

Vikas.

P.S.: POINTS WOULD BE AWARDED RIGHT AWAY.

Edited by: Vikas Mehta on Aug 11, 2008 11:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I'm not on an SRM5.0 but could you try with following path :

SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Set Output Actions and Output Format->Condition-Dependent Purchase Order Output.

Here you can select your output medium and add your specification in the StartCondition Tab.

You could try with something like :

BUS2201-CHKNOPO NE 'X'.

Best regards,

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create an attribute for the BO BUS2201 like 'Outputrequired'.

2. Set this attribute with the value in the new check box that you created in the UI. In the workflow container in the BADI implementation for the WF. I believe the method is 'released' in the BOR object.

3. Implement the step as told by Laurent. schedule condition will be somethins like this

&EC Purchase Order.Sending Medium& = MAI

and &EC Purchase Order.ExpenseAdded& u2260 X

and &EC Purchase Order.Outputrequired& = X

This way you can control the output.

regards

Ramesh-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

(1). Create an attribute for the BO BUS2201 like 'Outputrequired'.

Would like to know that ,can we directly add a attribute in SAP standard business object. Will it not afftect the system?

2. Set this attribute with the value in the new check box that you created in the UI. In the workflow container in the BADI implementation for the WF. I believe the method is 'released' in the BOR object.

Please provide some more input for point 2. Setting the value of the check box in schedule condition.

Reards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Adding an attribute should not be a problem.

2. In the workflow you have to set this attibute (which indicates if the PO output is required or not)

3. Use the attibute to control the output in the Schdule condition

regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I added the attribute in BUS2201 and generated the Program code for this.

I am not clear about the point 2. please provide the steps to do this..

Regards,

Vikas