cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications data: Could not send SLD data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a fresh PI installation but the above warning message appears in the SAP management console when I start my system. Is this critical?/how to fix?

Thanks,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

It is critical to obtain a connection to the SLD as XI will access and maintain the central data from this SLD. Since you have mentioned that it is a fresh installation, check all the post-installation steps again. Check for the SLD connections in the RFC destination. Check if the SLD data supplier you have created for XI is working fine. Check the connections from SLD to SAP are fine.

Award if helpful.

Regards,

Sarath.

Please read the Forum's Rules of Engagement,

i.e.,

/thread/117188 [original link is broken]

and refrain from requesting points

SDN PI/XI Forum Moderator

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reviewed my configuration but still get the same warning. Interestingly, both my ABAP and Java stack registers itself to the SLD without any problems.

Here are my checks:

- SLDCHECK on PI appl. server OK

- SLDAPICUST

- Visual Admin -> SLD Data Supplier -> Test connection OK

- RFC Destination OK (SAPSLDAPI)

- RZ70 Configuration OK

- SLD Connection and server parameters

- Web Dynopro SLD check does not return anything, stays on the same page but the parameters are OK

What would I be missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After many checks that turn out to be just fine, now I'm thinking of another answer.

ABAP AS is trying to access SLD at startup, which runs on Java AS, but because Java AS is not up and running yet(SLD server has not started), it cannot.

I know there's a way to specify a delay for loading of applications on AS Java, but I do not know how.

I might be completely wrong with this solution but this looks like the most probable. Any more ideas on this will be highly appreciated.

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

test the SLD connection ("Check SLD Connection") in the web dynpro content administrator.

if this is the case (failed to connect to SLD), edit your SLD settings in visual adminstrator

Have you configured the SLD properly....plesae refer the steps and confirm...

SLD

Configuring SLD in sneak preview. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0d7c290-0201-0010-bbaa-d8f...

Thanks

Swarup