Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special character

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In one of my interface we triggering the interface with XI after that class reads the files from application level ..in this files some german characters coming and updating tables with two bytes eg á is replacing by á or  ..

in above case i am just reading file and updating table.

how can i handle this special characters..

Thanks for your time.

Regards

PT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is a document about this topic:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

and also this thread:

Regards

Patrick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The European characters are compatible with Unicode encoding..

While reading the file try to use Encoding Parameter as UTF-8 or UTF-16 or try giving ISO-8859-1

Have a look at this thread...

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Aug 11, 2008 11:04 AM

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responce..

I know this can handled in adapter level but ..here we using ABAP class to read the files from application server...

XI is just to trigger the interface ...while reading the files class is replacing some german characters with two bytes in one string..

i want to handle this in class level...

any inputs..

Thanks for your time.

Regards

PT

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I solved the problem of updatingta from DB with using standard method..now again i want write this data from SAP db to file format in application server..while writing used encoding default as it supposed to work for UTF-8 code but in the file the german characters are creating as double butes..i referd that and it is iso--8859..

could any one suggest me how can write file with ISO-8859-1 format in application server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

PT