cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n:1 mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

My source is a idoc whose two segments are to be mapped to a single target field , its a n:1 graphical mapping . what is the procedure for doing this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

"UseoneAsMany" Graphical mapping function to solve your problem..

Above will sove your problem.

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

There are built in functions available in the Graphical Editor, Please use those funtions to concatinate the source fields and map to Target.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

U need "the target field should have the value of both E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 segement together"

If i got u rightly... then try the text function CONCAT like this,

E1EDP01----

>

Concat----

>Root

E1EDP19----

>

Regards,

Arivarasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

A more details about the target structure and the mapping requirements would help us to answer. the requirement : "Mapping Two segments to a single target field" is very ambiguous.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

the source is orders.orders05 idoc

the target has an node named "record" under which there are 5 elements

now the idoc segments E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 (which is present under E1EDP01) are to be mapped to the target node " ROOT"

. is this info enough?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>now the idoc segments E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 (which is present under E1EDP01) are to be mapped to the target node " ROOT"

concatenate E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 and map it to ROOT.

>> this info enough?

Provide some sample input and output payload.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Priya,

create a target ROOT node with 0-Unbounded occurance.

Right Click the ROOT node and Dublicate the Node.

Map the E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 to the target structure.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I know that E1EDP01 & E1EDP19 (which is present under E1EDP01) are the two segments (hopefully each E1EDP01 is for each line item).

Now you want to map these two source nodes to the same Target Node "ROOT". I guess, ROOT is a Parent node and has many child fields.

Do you want "ROOT" to repeat for E1EDP01 once & then for E1EDP19 once; and then map the child nodes of ROOT accordingly? Then Duplicate Subtree for ROOT node in the target structure and map the first occurance of ROOT with E1EDP01 and the second with E1EDP19. If you also want to know abt the child target field mapping logic, send us the entire Target ROOT node structure (with occurances) and also send the field by field requirement.

If my understanding about the requirement is not correct, then certainly I need some more info abt the target message structure - specially the node "ROOT" and its child fields.

Let us know if this solution works.

Regards,

Suddha

Edited by: Suddhasatta Guha on Aug 11, 2008 11:06 AM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>two segments are to be mapped to a single target field

Concatenate the source and map it to the target field. Use the text function concat.

Can u paste the source and target structure for more clarity on your requirement.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priya

please scan the forum for <multi mapping>

Regards Mario