Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML Mapping Module - Mapping table in ERP?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need to create a SAML Mapping Module in our J2EE environment. The module has been created and is working, however a requirement is to have the mapping table in a SAP ERP system. My initial thought was to do a simple RFC and call a function module to retrieve the SAP user name based on the incoming external user name. However, I quickly discovered that doing a RFC from a login module wasn't that simple... Errors regarding "ClassDefNotFound" etc. appear (e.g. IService). My worry is that I will get 10-20 of these errors before reaching the goal line.

Anyone ever done this before? Any tips or pointers that I can use? My main problem is which JARs and references I need to put into the module. Deploying and testing the module is tedious, so a plausible / complete solution or recommendation would be the best...

Hope you can help!

Best Regards,

Hans Petter Bjørn

Edited by: Hans Petter Bjørn on Aug 11, 2008 10:37 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, we have a login module which uses RFC to run an ABAP function module for mapping. The login module uses JCO. First we tested the JCO by coding a test program which we ran on the host outside of SAP, and when it was working we coded the same in the login module and it works well. I cannot show you the source because it is a commercial product that we sell to SAP customers. At least you know it is possible using JCO !

Thanks,

Tim

11 REPLIES 11

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, we have a login module which uses RFC to run an ABAP function module for mapping. The login module uses JCO. First we tested the JCO by coding a test program which we ran on the host outside of SAP, and when it was working we coded the same in the login module and it works well. I cannot show you the source because it is a commercial product that we sell to SAP customers. At least you know it is possible using JCO !

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Good to know No I know I haven't sold something that is not possible to do...

Your pointers are really helpful, and I will try to follow your approach in connecting to SAP from "non-SAP" environments. If you can reveal anything, I'd of course be very grateful

Regards,

Hans Petter

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some things I might be able to share with you, but not on a public forum such as SDN.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

One more thing... Can you send me information about your product? Cost and specifications? It may be interesting in this and other contexts...

.: HP

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> One more thing... Can you send me information about your product? Cost and specifications? It may be interesting in this and other contexts...

>

> .: HP

Yes, but not using SDN forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

we are trying to develop a custom login module that authenticates the username and password against the ABAP backend. Calling a standard SAP BAPI: SUSR_CHECK_LOGON_DATA

Did you successfully call and RFC or BAPI from a Login Module?

0 Kudos

Yes, we managed to do this although we never actually put into to use (because of changes in the project).

The solution is to use the sapjco library (com.sap.mw.jco) for the functionmodule call. I put the credentials as B64 encoded values in the module properties. The J2EE Library project was really no big issue - just include references to security_api interface and include the custom module jar file.

I don't have the time to explain in detail here, but send me your details and I can send the J2EE Library and source code project to you.

.: HP

0 Kudos

Solved on my own.

0 Kudos

Hi

I have a similar requirement. I would greatly appreciate if you can share some detailed steps / sample code for this whole development.

Thanks in advance

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

I agree with you. It is a very rude way to close a question...

For sure the times have changed since then anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.