Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Acknowledgment Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have the next scenario:

File -> XI -> IDoc

I have successfully configured the Acknowledgment response from the R/3 system, but now I need to send an email if XI receives a negative acknowledgment.

I have tried with the XI alerts and it has sent the general errors (i.e. mapping error), but not the negative acknowledgments.

What configuration should I have in order to send the negative acknowledgments email?

Best regards,

Eumir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eumir,

Here are the links you asked for:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

And here is Michals list of FAQs where you can find the answer to your question.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Cheers,

Chandra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Any news about how to solve this problem? Did you try to create a new scenario to handle the incoming ale audit message and trigger an alert from the mapping program inside this scenario? or think this as an IDOC -> XI -> MAIL scenario that sends a mail to final users?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear chilla,

the acknowledgement is nothing but another message which is same as the incoming message but has two extra fields. These fields are errorcode(which has the error code) and errordesc(which has the error desc). In case of error error code should be 00001. Hope this will add more light it to what u asking.

miten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you make one thing clear.The negative acknowledgement gives a scenario successful entry in SXMB_MONI or a scenario failure entry (red) in SXMB_MONI. If it is a failure entry your problem is solved .

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI gets successful entry and then it gets the negative acknowledgment from the R/3 system. I need to send an email saying that the message received a negative acknowledgment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for the information. Actually I am using ALE Audit in order to receive the acknowledgment (as stated in the "How To Handle Acknowledgments for IDoc" document). Now the point is how to send an email when an error in the R/3 system occurs with the inbound IDoc.

Regards,

Eumir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eumir,

did you try to set a general alert rule for INtegration Engine without a specific error category? It should be triggered if any error occurs. If it is not triggered in your case, then probably this is still missing so i would open up an OSS ticket for that.

One option that for sure works is to evaluate acks in BPM. You can set ack in sender step and then the BPM will continue if a positive ack is received or will execute an exception branch (if defined) for a negative ack. In the exception branch you can trigger an alert using a control step. In this case you need to set up an alert category with dynamic text. (There is a blog from Michal describing the details...)

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I have already tried with the Integration Engine rule without any category and with the "No Restriction" option, but I don't get any mail when a negative ack is received.

Do you know the path of the Michal's blog?

BR,

Eumir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eumir,

then i would definitly open an OSS ticket with SAP. Maybe others might have a different opinion, but i think, that at least a negative transport ack needs to be handled as an error, as it means that the message didn't arrive at the target system and according to the Quality of service XI ensures that a message arrives once at the target.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you think this would work with negative application ack?

Does the Michal Blog works with negative application ack?

We must remember that the the negative ack I am receiving is an ALEAUD IDoc and is treated different by XI.

BR,

Eumir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eumir,

i'm not sure about the application ack, i suppose it'll probably not work with that. However i strong;y be;ieve that it's the integration brokers responsibility to make sure that the technical communication works so it should work with transport acks. for the Idocs it's really a bit tricky, but if i remember that correctly the ALEAUD contains the IDoc status, and this status can be of technical nature (like Idoc stored to database ok) or of application nature (like IDoc successfully posted to application). so xi is evaluating this status code and could easily throw an adapter alert in case of a negative status. i remember there is a transaction in R/3 showing the different inbound and outbound idoc states together with the classification if it is a positive hence non error state or an error state. according to this classification, xi should throw an alert or not... but that is just my opinion from an Architects point of view and i remember i discussed something similar once with xi development and they didn't really agree...

best regards

Christine