cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPROUTER - how to check if SAP is logging in ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after i have created a message and opened connection for SAP in Marketplace, while waiting for their reply on the solution, is there any log i can check to verify that they have connected or are connecting to my system via saprouter ?

i know a way to check is to check the logon status of the ID we provided to them, other than this what else can we check ?

comment and advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm. Strange question ... In folder where your saprouter are create file saprouter.log (for example) ,after

you need to add in start command line the "-G saprouter.log" , after this all connections are logged in this file. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

karan & ashutosh's answers are the approach of checking the logon status in application or at OS level which i already know, anyway thanks for your suggestion.

vamshi, well, logbook is a good place to check the status of the logon which i didn't make use of last time. i just did and found that it isn't that accurate also. because today SAP had problem logging in to my system via telnet 5250 connection, just now i checked the log, the status it shows "Log on" but actually they didn't manage to logon. later when i restart my saprouter and asked them to retry to logon, they manage to logon, and the logbook status also shows "Log on". one thing good about this logbook is it does show me the name of the SAP support who logged on.

sergo, yup this is the way, it shows the time when it connects and when it disconnects, it shows the IP from SAP and the IP of my server that they are accessing. i had activated the log from below link, now only know how to make use of it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4f/992ed3446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

well, with the log from both the Logbook (marketplace) and saprouter i can tell WHEN and WHO logins to my system via saprouter.

thanks all.

regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kent,

I appreciate the way you sum up everything and close the thread.This will help everyone..I was aware of the logbook but it didnt strike me at that time.

People must show the same sort of follow up and responsibility after opening the thread,the way you did.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the market placce you can check in maintain connections

there choose your system and then go to logbook it will show who has opened the connection and when sap has logged into system eveything it will show.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kent,

Yes you are right you can check this in SM04 if they are currently logged in through the ID you have provided.

Other way is you can activate user trace via SE19 and check it via SE20 to know if they logged in say at night or say at some other time when you was not watching..

Also you can user tcode STAD and ST03N to check their activity

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If you open a telnet connection than you can check via who command at command level.I assume that you are working on unix/linx.

karan