cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have to customoze the existing Standarsd ESS/MSS packages provided by SAP.

I have to customoze the Expense report or Expenses.The modules in this are:-

Ess Employee Expense report-Create/maintain.

ESS Expenses Admin-Create Expense reports

MSS Manager Expenses-Approve.

I want the exact business package name for this.And how to customize this packages.

Please help me out on this.

Regards

-Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip Sahoo,

You can customize the XSS( ESS/MSS ) Business Packages very easily. Download them from the market place and the deply into your server.

Before that , you need to configure the NWDI for customizing the existing package by taking perticualar DC's into NWDS.

points if useful.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have already configure this packages in NWDS.I dont need to down load these files from service market place.

My question :-In Admin and Manager Approval,do I need to write funtional changes from scratch or I have to do only UWL configuration in the portal.The GUI lokk and fell changes are posible.But for approval process,do i need to create all the pages from teh scratch or all the screens are available in the packages and we need to do only UWL configuration.

Your suggestion are higly valuable.

Regards

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

The standard screen are available for change. You can change any existing application from ESS and customise it to suit your process. If you have to develop a new application, you can do so using the FPM framework.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

CAn you plz tell me what is this FPM framework?Is it same as webdynpro framework or its some this different.

I have never heard abt this frame work.

Please suggest me on this.

Regards

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

FPM is a framework which allows one to develop self service applications based on patterms.

Read more here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4b/fbb33af3014fdcbde5df8c408cd8b1/frameset.htm

THere is also an exmaple given which you can use to learn.

Thanks,

GLM.

P.S: Please mark the thread as answered if your issues is resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip:

You would need to download the business packages from service marketplace and deploy them. You would also need a NWDI in place to enable customisation of the standard packages.

Have you deployed the business packages?

You can search SDN -- there are dozens of threads which describe the process of downloading deploying.

Thanks,

GLM