cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull data from another r3 server using abap dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to ABAP Dynpro but know the basic concept of dynpro i have create an application using bapi that is working properly now here requirement from user is he want data from another server

i mean to say suppose i am running dynpro on server A and want to pull data from BAPI using server B

can anybody tell me how can i pull data from diffrent server ???

Thanks and regards

Ankit Modi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

I think there is nothing special in your case(as for webdynpro).

U just need to create an RFC connection between two servers and create a RFC in server which is suppose to provide data with export parameter of what u want and finally call that rfc in your server.

(in case my interpretation is wrong please clarify this)

regards

panky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panky

I have created the connection between both the server after this i dont know how to use this rfc for data extraction can u plzz tell me in breaf

or send any doc.. or any link related to this

thanks for rply...

Ankit

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Aug 11, 2008 8:05 AM

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankit, it is like calling a function module using a DESTINATION addition

http://www.sapnet.ru/abap_docu/ABAPCALL_FUNCTION_DESTINATION.htm

CALL FUNCTION 'RFC_SYSTEM_INFO'

DESTINATION 'NONE'

IMPORTING

RFCSI_EXPORT = INFO

EXCEPTIONS

COMMUNICATION_FAILURE = 1 MESSAGE MSG_TEXT

SYSTEM_FAILURE = 2 MESSAGE MSG_TEXT.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

Suppose there are two servers.

server A and server B .

u want data to be pulled from server B to server A.

U have created a RFC connection between two servers(by using SM59).

step 1)Now you create a function module in server B with RFC property selected (i.e. make it a RFC enabled fm).Now this function module should have a export parameter which is returning the data u required

step2)Now come in your webdynpro application and go to the method where you want to use this data.Call that function module with destination number u have created.And collect those data in your local variable or table which that FM is returning.

Now i think atleast you know thta process which is need to be followed so if you have any doubt in this process feel free to ask

regards

panky

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can call the BAPI using DESTINATION addition and specify the RFC connection name

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

I am using sap standard bapi for sales order creation can u tell me the path from where i define BAPI using DESTINATION ??

Thanks for rply....

Ankit