cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch split in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement as follows regarding the batch determination in sales order.

There is an item with 4 batches of 10 Qty each.

In the sales order the item is entered for 24 Qty, system is proposing 1st batch with 10 qty and the balance 14 is confirmed for a different date as no qty available for the stock as on today on the same batch.

But the stock is available with the other batch items meeting the selection criteria.

So can anyone let me know when the item is entered for 24, system should propose the available batches as 10 batch1, 10 batch2 and 4 for batch3 in sales order.

What is the setting required to be done for this scenario?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopinath Naik R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks, if the system indicates that no quantity is available for the balance 14 quantity,

1) either there is really no quantity available, check in MMBE screen with different display versions.

2) or you need to check the batch search strategy in VCH2.

For your query, if I understand it correctly, if the system wants to propose only 10 qty from each batch, then you may need to add a new routine and add it in the batch search strategy type at SPRO-> Logistics -> Batch management -> Batch determination and batch check -> Strategy types -> Define sales and distribution type.

The field is Qty proposal. Get help from an ABAP'er.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But my requirement is exactly the one u have suggested and it goes like this,

Item A has three batches 00001111, 00002222, 00003333

00001111 - 12 Qty

00002222 - 15 Qty

00003333 - 10 Qty

When a sale order is created for 14, as per the selection criteria if the selection is as per the sequence shown above, then system is first getting the batch 00001111 of 12 Qty and will prompt for 2 qty of stock not available.

But ideally system should first get 00001111 of 12 Qty and then in the next line 00002222 of 2 Qty to meet the requirement.

Please let me know if this was clear and let me know if any possibilities to meet the requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopinath Naik R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Shiv Ram is right.

You are clearly understood and in standard Sd01 - quantity proposal - is 1.

In the same manner you can also get a new strategy being written with help of a abaper Ex: ZS01- in which you can get programming written like after the first batch get exhausted, system should searchs for the second batch.

If you still need clarity, please post.

regards,

guru prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. I will try with the development as suggested.

Regards,

Gopinath Naik R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopinath,

1. Check does all batches are in unrestricted stock usage.

2. Check Batch strategy VCH2.

3. Check is batch is restricted or not through MSC3N.

Regards

Nagendra