cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking MIC & Batch characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All

My understanding is that to move values from batch characteristic to MIC we need to maintain the link in MIC and this relationship is one to one relationship.

We have a business requirement as below. I do 2 types of testing i.e. official & vendor. First i do vendor testing and this will be reflected in the batch. After this i do official testing and this needs to overwrite the vendor results and update the batch automatically.

If i have to use the batch characteristic + MIC link, then i need to create 2 batch characteristics & 2 MIC's / test i perform on the material.

Is there a way by which i can have multiple link between batch characteristic & MIC and manage this link via some user exit or

do you have some suggestions on how to handle this business requirement?

Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You only need one inspection characteristic.

You don't indicate in your process how or when these two types of inspection happen.

You can create a source inspection lot with the tests the you use to record the vendor results on.

Then when you receive the material, you have an 01 inspection lot created for recording your actual results.

The second set UD on the 01 lot will over write the batch record results from the first source inspection.

If you have one inspection lot that is created at goods receipt, use two operations. Operation 10 has the vendor tests. Operation 20 has the in-house testing. When the UD is made the test results from the last operation will be written to the batch record.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OOOOOOOOOOPs I am sorry by mistake I have pasted the answer twice. So removeing the second one.

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 11, 2008 10:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pintoo,

As per best of my information, you can create only one MIC with reference to a Characteristic, at plant level.

So I think you have to create two MICs and Characteristics as well.

Regards,

Shyamal