Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Greetings,

what is the config setting to enter multiple results in result  recording screen.At present i am able to record a single result.

i am unable to expand single vals field to expand in result recording table.

Can somebody pls help me.

Thanks & regards

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member364899
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you create inspection plan through QP01 tcode. At the time of creation, you attach the MIC (Master inspection characteristics) details. Then selecting the MIC details, and clikc control indicator option and select the Single recording radio button under the Result confirmation.

Also attach the Sampling procedure in Inspection plan. This will enable the number of results based on the sample size available in the Sampling procedure at the time of Result recording.

Thanks

R Vaithiyanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I would give this setting on plant level qm settings a try.

That should it be. Checkbox "summ. recording for n=1".

Remove this checkbox and SAP stops switching to summ. recording.

The "+" button to add further results for a characteristic in result recording will then appear also if the sample size in the sampling procedure is 1.

BR

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Just do one thing that change the MIC control Indicator T-Code QP02,

Set the Control Indicator Configuration like

1. Type - Tick on check box of charac.attribute
  2. Result Confirmation - Tick on check box of Single Result and Required Char
  3. Insp.Scope - Fixed Scope.
  4. Miscellaneous- RR change docs

Make this change and Refresh the Inspection lot by T-Code QAC3

If any query then reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If u want to check 20 sample pieces out of 100 Kg GR quantity. You can try followings,

1. Create sampling procedure with Fixed sample with sample size 20 since you can get 20 samples for     result recording.

2. Activate single result recording in QS21

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the sample size. Please maintain the control indicator as single result recording in qs21. So when the sample size is more than 1, you ll be able to enter multiple results.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Smruthui,

Thank you for ur inputs.

i defined sampling procedure as 100% inspection.

my inspection  lot quantity is 100 kg. i will receive 20 pieces(while doing GR) for 100 kg. I want to record all 20 pieces ID numbers in a single screen. is it possible to enter any number of results in result recording screen if i select single result and 100% inspection in sampling procedure.

pls help me.

but while receiving GR for 100 kg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure when GR is made of 100 Kg ,sample you receive 20 pieces !

You can define the sample size 100 % with unit as KG.then in Control indicator you can select "not fixed" .By this you can able to do 100% sample inspection.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To inspect as 20 pieces you have to do the following.

- Define an alternate UOM in the material master - in the example you gave, 1 EA = 5 kg

- Define your inspection plan UOM as EA.  Make sure if you are editing an existing plant, you change the UOM to EA in the header, operation and for each characteristic.

- set the indicator for characteristics you want to record multiple results for to single result recording as already explained by other posters

- You can now keep your 100% sample procedure

Now you should be able to receive in KG and inspect 20 eaches. 

If you have a PIECE UOM just substitute that for EACH in the instructions above.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

I have created material with alternative unit 1 no = 5 kg.

While defining plan system is asking for base quantity. But i dont know the exact quantity (No of pieces)  in a particular GR becoz GR is doing in weight unit (kg).If i give 1 no (number) as base quantity in plan  i was not able to enter multiple results becoz  in result recording screen i am able to record only one result (Inspection qty is 1).

So what quantity i need to give while defining Inspection plan.

Pls help me 

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your base qty is usually always one.  Especially in your case when you are inspecting pieces.

In some advanced QM configuration it can be used to apply cost factors to te operation and in the characteristics area to refine the sample quantities for various tests.  But in your case, when inspecting by pieces, it should be 1.  The sampling procedure will determine the number of samples you need for each test.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF

Thanks for your suggestion.

1)I did not get the word advanced QM Configuration.Could pls explain me if any such config in order to do multiple results.

2) Is there any sampling procedure which calculates the sample qty based on the alternate unit of measure entered in material master.

3) Is it possible to record multiple results eventhough the sample qty is 1 ie) single result structure must be active to enter multiple results in results recording screen

At present i am able to record multiple results for the material having BUOM is same as inspection lot unit.

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Venkat.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) There is no real advanced QM configuration.  I meant that it is functionality that is not often used and is usually only used by companies that are really getting into all the bells and whistles of QM which are usually very few companies.  There is no "advanced" config.  Besides, everything we have been talking about is master data.

2) As I said, just change the UOM in the header, operation and characterisitcs all to the alternate UOM.  SAP will make the conversion as specified in the material master.

3) If the inspection plan is in pieces, and the sampling procedure says to inspect one piece, you can only record one result.  If the sampling procedure say to inspect 10 pieces, you can record 10 results if you use single results recording in the MIC.  What you can't do is use pieces in the plan, have the sampling procedure caluclate say for instance, 2 pieces, but then if each piece =  5 kgs you can't record ten results.  Only 2.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

i created one material with  base unit of measure KG and alternate unit of measure EA (each piece).

(10 KG = 1 EA)

I have created plan and given alternative unit of measure EA  in header as well as operation data.Control indicators are Single result,No fixed scope (for multiple results recording).

Defined sampling procedure with 100 % inspection  and sampling qty as 10  means 10 EA.

Crested PO for 100 KG and received goods.

One inspection lot generated with qty 100 kg - But as per alternate unit of measure  or as per sample quantity given in sampling procedure inspection lot qty should be 10 EA.

Also while doing results record value in inspected qty is 1, and system do not allowing me to enter more than one result ( even though i entered single result ,no fixed scope).Single value field is inactive.Why?

My requirement is to enter more than one result for a inspection lot whose lot quantity depending on the alternative UOM.

Will it possible? if not what is the alternative suggestion?

or Did i miss any config  or  any additional setting required?

Pls help me

Thanks & regards

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you missed something.  The inspection lot qty and sample UOM will ALWAYS be displayed in the BUOM.  Calculations are always done in BUOM.

But when you look at the # samples calculated, the number of results to be recorded, (number of samples) should reflect the calculation in the plan using the plan UOM.

So if 10 kg = 1 EA and you have 100% inspection on, the "inspect" quantity should be 10  for a 100 kg receipt.  For a 20% inspection, the "inspect" quanitity should be 2.

I set up an example and retested and it worked fine.

It sounds like from what you say, that your control indicators are correct.  (single result, no scope).  Not sure what else to have you look at at this point.

I'm not sure your sampling procedures are correct however.  Use three MIC's in your plan.  Use three different sampling procedures.  Make sure they are all percentage sampling procedures.  Create a 100%, 40% and 20%.  For your above example you should see "inspect" values of 10,4 and 2 on the MIC's.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

Thank u for ur inputs

1) Eventhough i select  single recording in MIC, system is considering  summerised result record and i am able to record only one result.

In indicator tab of result record screen,summ.record check box flagged.In preset indicator i selected single record button.But how to deflag that summ.record check box.

2) Still now i did not able to do multiple results recording as my inspected qty showing as 1 (which is nothing but the qty i have given in sampling procedure).

Pls suggest how to remove flag in summ.recording.

Is there any other settings to do while defining sampling procedure for 100 % inspection.

Thanks in advance

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

awaiting for u r valuable inputs

Thanks & regards

Thanks in advance

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of MIC's are you using?  Are you using full reference or copy model? 

If you are using full reference copy, make sure you don't have a different version number in the plan if you have multiple versions of the MIC's sitting out there.

If you are using copy model, the changes have to be made directly in each inspection plan.  I would not use the control keys.  I never use the preset indicators and usually train my clients to simply go in an manually update the control indicators themseleves.  Usuallly there are not that many variations being used in most clients and I prefer that when learning QM they really understand the control indicators and the best way to do that is for them to actually set them.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

I tried following and it worked for me exactly as you require.

1. Maintained alternate unit of measure as NO and relation as 1 NO = 10KG
  2. I thereafter created sampling procedure as 100% with sampling type as 100% inspection. (In QDV1)
  3. Created MIC as LENGTH with single result recording and fixed scope as control indicator.
  4. I created inspection plan thereafter through QP01 with unit as NO at all header, operation and MIC level
  5. Did GR with 100 KG as quantity
  6. Inspection lot generated with lot quantity as 100 kg
  7. When I try to record inspection results in QA32, I find 10 in inspect column
  8. And when I record first result, system expands the view for recording exactly 10 readings.

The possible reasons for the problem you are facing could be,

1. Incorrect unit conversion factors. Kindly ensure in material master again that the co - relation is 1 NO = 10 KG
  2. Even the control indicator of MIC is fixed, ensure the same in QP02 also by going up to MIC level, selecting MIC and clicking on control indicator (in QP02 and not in QS23 / QS22)
  3. Sampling procedure with sampling type as 100% inspection.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for verifying the setup and that it is working as expected.  It's always nice to have the verification so folks don't think I'm nuts!!!!

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FF !

In fact your posts have really been worthwhile and especially I appreciate reading those. Thanks to you. Keep posting!

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF/Anand,

I did one cycle as per your suggestion.

Alternate unit of measure is 1 no = 10 kg

Control indicators are single result in MIC

Defined plan with NO as unit of measure in header,operation as well as in MIC.

Did GR for 100 kg.

Lot generated with 100 kg.

While doing results,

I AM ABLE TO ENTER ONLY ONE RESULT.

EVENTHOUGH AFTER ENTERING ONE RESULT,SYSTEM IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO ENTER MORE RESULTS.(Structure tree is not expanding)

ALSO OBSERVED THAT IN RESULT RECORDING SCREEN

1) In general tab,i found value 1 in inspect column.

2) In Indicator tab,summ.record check box flagged automatically. I want to remove this flag.why this check box automatically flagged even though i selected single result manually while defining MIC.pls help me to remove this flag.

May be becoz of above reason i may not able to record multiple results.I have checked in configuration of preset indicator which i defined ans confirmed for single result selected.

But i did not entered this preset indicator while defining MIC.

Ihave selected control indicators single result manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Awaiting for ur inputs

Thanks & regards

Venkat

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes. Your analysis sounds correct. Summarized recording flag is getting ticked automatically. This is the reason. What you should do is,

1. Go to QP02
  2. Put material, plant and enter
  3. Select operation and click on inspection characteristic
  4. Select one of the MICs and click on Control indicators
  5. Remember you are accessing these control indicators in inspection plan and not in MIC
  6. Change here it to single result recording

What must have happened is, you might have created MIC through QS21 with summarized recording. Then you might have created inspection plan where by default above settings were copied. Later you must have changed it to single recording in QS23. But the effect is not transferred to inspection plan.

Please verify control indicators in QP02 and not in QS23/ QS22.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF/Anand

I was able to deflag the  summ.recording check box  in results recording.

The reson was i activated summ.recording in results recording tab  in Plant settingst.I was removed.Then i can able to expand the sing.recording tree.

But still i am not able to record multiple results for the material which is having alternate UOM.

Pls tell me what is the value in field INSPECTED when u are doing results for an inspection lot generated while doing GR for a material having alternate UOM is 1 no = 10 kg.

Becoz still i am getting only 1 in the above said field.So that i am able to record only one result. But as per our earlier discussion, i can suppose to record 10 results, because i defined alternate UOM as 1 no = 10 kg and did GR for 100 KG.

My sampling procedure is 100 %.base sample qty is 1 no. System is considering this value while doing results.

How can i do multiple results recording for a material having alternate UOM?

For the materials having BUOM is NO this scenario is working fine.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your issue appears to be with your sampling procedure or your conversion.  From what you describe, your sampling size is always coming in as one.  That is why that plant setting was converting to summarized results recording.

You indicate that if you change your inspection plan to the BUOM then it works OK.  That would lead me to belive that you have somehting wrong with the conversion definition that you have defined in the alternate UOM screen in the material master.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

1) I have defined alternate UOM like this.

X     AUn     Measurement text    Y     BUn     Measurement text

1     NO     Numbers                  10     Kg          Kg.

2) I defined sampling procedure like this.

Sampling procedure 200 (100 % inspection)

Valuation mode 500 (Manual valuation)

Inspection points:Selected without inspection points

Usage indicator:selected use in insp.plan.

Determination rule:20 (100% inspection).

3) While defining plan

I have given alternate UOM in header data,operations and in sample data of inspection plan.

But stll i am not able to do multiple results record.

Pls suggest if any thing i missed.

Thanks

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

awaiting for ur inputs

Thanks & regrads

Venkat

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

What number you are getting under Inspect column? You said that you can now record single results. Have you fed all values? If you key in only one reading then inspected column shows 1. When you enter 2nd it shows 2 and so on.

If you can paste a quick and small screen shot what exactly is appearing there, possibly someone can help.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Pls suggest what value i have to enter in  base sample quantity field in inspection plan.

Acually i put 1 in base sample qty of inspection plan (sample tab in MIC screen of inspection screen.Without entering system is not allowing me to save plan).

Is it necessary to give base sample quantity while defining plan.

Pls clear me.

Because the same value reflects in INSP column of results recording screen.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do an F1 on the base sample qty field you get the following info.

Sample Quantity Factor for Sample(Mult. Sample Unit of Msr.)

Factor for calculating the sample unit.

Use

The sample unit is the product of the following factors: Base sample quantity and the sample unit of measure.

Example

To inspect a characteristic, 100 ml are needed. In this case:

Sample unit of measure = ml
Base sample quantity = 100

Sample unit = 100ml

If the sampling procedure that is defined for the characteristic stipulates that 5 individual samples are needed, the sample unit is multiplied by five. As a result, 5 x 100 ml must be drawn to inspect this characteristic.

Sample quantity = 500 ml

***************************************************************************************************

From reading the above, you need one item or NO to perform the test.  So your base sample quantity should be 1.  I suggest you try some of the sampling procedures that SAP provides just as a test.  Go to the each characteristic and use the drop down list to display the available sampling procedures and select and SAP one.  Maybe select a different one for each characteristic you have so that hopefully one of them will calculate something other than a value of 1.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thank you for inputs,

I am not able to attach small screen shot.I saved on desktop and tried to select as file by clicking image.But i could not.

Still i am not getting that where i am doing mistake as i did same as you did for alternate UOM.

I am able to record only one result.

In QA32 screen, I found 1 in INSPECT column.

After entering result in results field, 1 is updated in INSPECTED column which is next to INSPECT column.

Then after i could not able to record more results.

Is there any wrong with sampling procedure what i defined.

I removed summ.record in plant settings.Is it ok?

Pls suggest.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

Kindly let me know for the same case in equipment instead of material. (QM-PM)