cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image URL on Sharepoint used in WebI 4.2 - Export to PDF doesn't show the image

0 Kudos

Hi.

Our current system is BOBJ 4.2SP2 on Windows.

Our problem is exporting a WebI Report containing an image implented via Image-URL to PDF.

I tried all the following things in HTML-mode, so I'm not talking about Applet-mode...

The image doesn't show up in the PDF, when the URL is pointing to a MS-Sharepoint, which of course underlies certain user-credential-settings. It does show up in the PDF if the URL is pointing to an 'open' webserver on our LAN.

Settings described in the User Guide like putting some registry-keys in HKLM\...\BlobManager or changing the 'Read content as' in the Cell-Formatting window in the report do not affect this behaviour in any way; neither positive nor negative.

I see both images in my report in my local browser.

What I think to have discovered up to now:

Seeing the report in my browser (IE 11) means that the URL is resolved on my client, sending SSO Credentials to the Image-URL-Server whenever needed.

Exporting the report to PDF results in downloading the PDF in the browser meaning the PDF is created on the BO-server.

We have tried running SIA- and Tomcat-Service as a windows user with needed permission to the Sharepoint. So if I open the Image-URL in a browser on the server as the same windows user who runs the services, I see the image in the browser.

Nevertheless exporting the report results in no image in the PDF.

I think the problem is, that PDF-generation on the server is resolving the URL (as it works with images on 'open' servers) but not sending any SSO-credentials or Authentication-Headers when resolving the URL.

Am I right in that assumption?

And if yes, what can we do??

In our company we have software putting certain images to certain Sharepoint-folders which are dynamically included into certain BO reports. Putting these images to an 'open' webserver is no option.

Best regards, Ewald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check 2311751 - BI 4.x: How to export images based on a URL in Web Intelligence to PDF or Excel if this helps.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint, Amit.

But those are the things I mentioned to have no affect on our behaviour

Besides, concerning the Proxy-Settings described in this article, we run into trouble, because we have to authenticate on our proxy, which is not described in any way; neither in this article nor in the user guide.

But as I said above, these registry settings do not help us at all with our problem...