cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVP using HCP IOT service does not show data - batch operation loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

After going sucessfully through the process of creating an OVP and cards using Northwind OData services (), I wanted to do the same with my HCP IOT service data.

I have followed more or less the same process, with the equivalent considerations. ie:

- Creating the destination in HCP

- Creting the OVP using an Annotation file

- Create a new Card (Table)

- Adjust the manifest to point correctly to the annotation file

- Modify the Annoation file as indicated in to match Namespace and target tags

However when testing the OVP (Run testOVP.html) I can't see any data. Using Chrome inspector I find the app keeps performing batch operations with success but it nevers shows any data.

Did I miss something? @,

Thanks!

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

let me summarize how to set up the OVP application:

This is how a very simple application looks like

My WebIDE project looks like this:

This is an excerpt from the annotations file:

Pay attention to the target specification  in the schema and annotation definition and compare the "Namespace" with the sap.app.id value in the manifest.json

This is the URl of the IOT service as specified in HCP:

https://iotmmsxxxxxxtrial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/com.sap.iotservices.mms/v1/api/http/app.svc

And this is how the service definition  looks like:

The relevant parts of manifest.json are:

I hope I could help you.

Good luck!

Mathias

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Frank, Stefan and Mathias for the dedicated time and quick response.

After reading carefully Frank's blog I created a new project and I got the same result ;S

Also I tried to replicate Mathias' project with same destination, annotation, manifest, project structure..etc(only different entity) and again same error..no data is displayed, with multipled batch operations.

Stefan's problem looks very similar to mine, and I am afraid it could be related to a new/different version of the ui/ovp libraries, or iot services. 

If you have some time could you please create a new project from scratch and see if it still works? Would you mind sharing it if it does?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Daniel

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I can confirm that my OVP app accessing IoT data also gets hung reproducible in an endless $batch request loop while other OVP apps, accessing general Internet or ABAP OData services continue to work fine.

I am currently investigating this further, but of course, any further insight into the issue would also be very much appreciated.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Frank. At least now I know that it was not only me hehe

I will keep investigating and I will update this thread with any progress too

Regards

Daniel

srmuc69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

my OVP was working fine but now not anymore, e.g. I can see the card says showing 0 of 21 rows. So it sees the rows but doesn't display the first 5 rows anymore, like it used to do.

I had no time so far to check it out.

Please let me know if you find anything which might have changed and the smart template needs something extra.

Thanks

Stefan

architectSAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

please have a look at my blog Display your Lego Mindstorms sensor data on a Fiori Overview Page and deploy it to the HCP Portal Fi... where I describe how to display HCP IoT data in a Fiori OVP.

Best regards

Frank