Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Search for a Special Type of Object

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

is it possible to restrict the object search for a special type of object, e.g. function module?

The following example delivers all objects e.g. like structures, function modules and data elements, but I want only function modules in my search result.

Thanks for tips and hints.

Cheers

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi Stefan,

I always use the "open development object" (<ctrl>-<shift>-<A>) to perform this kind of search. In the open dev object dialogue you can specify the type of object by pressing <ctrl>-<space>.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in the object search dialogue.

Christian

6 REPLIES 6

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi Stefan,

I always use the "open development object" (<ctrl>-<shift>-<A>) to perform this kind of search. In the open dev object dialogue you can specify the type of object by pressing <ctrl>-<space>.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in the object search dialogue.

Christian

0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

thanks for your reply. Very good workaround - thanks for that tip.

Cheers

Stefan

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would expect that the search and the open development object would use the same CDS-view in the backend. Therefore, it should be possible to add the filter functionality to the search field as well (cc )

Christian

0 Kudos

Christian Drumm wrote:

I always use the Ctrl+Shift+A too, but did not know this trick! You just made my life easier

Btw, where are all these shortcut gems documented?

0 Kudos

Just click on the 'Help' question mark button in the lower left corner of the Ctrl+Shift+A dialog window

Best regards, Marco

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

this is curently not supported in the Object Search Dialog. Use CTRL-SHIFT-A which is the better solution for searching objects.

Regards,

Thomas.