cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timesheet approval in My Inbox

0 Kudos

Hello All

I am configuring time-sheet approval in My Inbox and need help in its configuration. I am using Task TS31000007 in CAC1. It works fine and the task is visible and can be approved in SAP Inbox. Also my timesheet and approval app both work fine.

In My Inbox I do get leave request as well, hence UI5 app and corresponding odata service is also activated and working.

Now in Maintain Task Names and Decision options it is asking for Workflow ID and Step ID - which are not applicable to TS31000007. So what should I do?

Also in scenario definition what should be class for scenario count?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

What is the runtime error or which function does not work?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

0 Kudos

Hi Masa

There is no error or function which does not work. I wanted to know how to make timesheet entries get approved from My Inbox. They can be approved successfully from Approve Timesheet app.

In Maintain Task Names and Decision Options - I maintain WF ID and Step ID but for Timesheet Task TS31000007 there is no workflow. So what should be entered in Workflow ID and Step ID?

Second, in scenario configuration I entered scenario for TimeSheet Approval - here  what should be Class for scenario count?

Thanks

Atul Shrivastava

0 Kudos

In CAC1(CATS data entry profile)  I am using Task TS31000007

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You should specify a workflow template.

Could you share some business background why the Approve Timesheet app is not used?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Masa

There is no WF template for Timesheet approval. All along I see WF WS40001001 but I read - not to use it.

We are implementing My Inbox to have a single place of approval for all HR apps- if it does not work - will have to go back to Approve Timesheet application.

Thanks

Atul Shrivastava

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You can create a workflow template in the transaction PFTC.

I recommend using the Approve Timesheet app.

Most of real business users prefer having specific tile for each workflow scenario because number of workitems are shown by scenarios. I know some technical people prefers just 1 inbox which has mix of workflow scenarios because old technology did not have the tile style launchpad.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Masa

I know how to create a WF template. I was looking for some standard solution to integrate timesheet approval in My Inbox (similar to Leave Request) - which looks like is not available as of now.

Thanks for your revert.

Thanks

Atul Shrivastava

m_krishnapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We have a scenario wherein CATS approval has been already setup using standard task -  TS31000007.

Now when I configure Timesheet Approval application, it is not pulling in the items. Any idea why is this behavior?

Thanks,

Mahesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please create a new discussion. Your issue is not related with this discussion.