cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have migrated several linked universes from 6.1 to XIR2. They seem to come over ok, but when I move the universes to a different folder (via Designer), I can no longer import the linked universe. I get the following error in Designer: "Unable to resolve core universe ID". Then "Could not import the universe".

Also, an imported deski report using the linked universe refreshes ok in deski. However, when I try to refresh the same deski report in Infoview, I get the error "Cannot load linked universes. (UNV0011) (Error: INF)"

If anyone can think of a step I may have missed, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried un-linking the universes (in 6.1), migrating them separately and re-linking the migrated universes in XI R2?

0 Kudos

What fix pack are you on in XIR2. I believe it is being resolved in fixpack 2.6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried relinking via the "Change Source" button in Designer. This worked, but I am now pointing to the linked universe from my local drive (c:\documents and settings\drossi\application data\.....). Is this ok or should I be pointing to the universe on the BO server? If so, how do I accomplish that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is all that you need to do.

A universe can be linked to another universe only if the (linked) universe has been previously exported to the repository.

Answers (0)